PREPARING YOUR HOME FOR YOUR REAL ESTATE PHOTOGRAPHER
This is your home. We are there to photograph it and make it look as appealing to a potential buyer as possible. These are our suggestions from our experience. In the end, it’s your decision. Whatever you can accomplish from this list, will be helpful in showing your home at its best.
Once the photographer is there, we suggest that you and the photographer are on different levels/floors at all times. We use wide angle lenses and its very easy for your shadow/reflection or yourself to be visible in the picture. You may feel that your are away from the camera, but still may end up in the picture.
Also, we expect the home to be ready once we arrive. The photographer has his shots in mind after he has done the walk-through and its helpful if he can proceed uninterrupted. Please do not expect the photographer to do any lifting or moving of furniture etc. While we are all helpful, we prefer not to take any chance with your property.
1. Please have the front and back as clean as possible.
2. If the lawn is mowed & water the grass, it will look great.
3. Remove any weeds.
4. Trash cans should be tucked away and out of sight.
5. Garden hoses to be rolled up neatly.
6. Any seasonal decorations should be removed.
7. Any toys etc. in the backyard should be removed.
8. Outdoor furniture should be arranged neatly.
9. Please move all vehicles out of the driveway, & away from the home.
In general, the home should be as clean, organized with minimal visible stuff as possible.
1Please replace any blown out bulbs.
2. If possible, de-personalize the space: Remove any picture from side table etc.
3. Please remove any diaries, laptops, glasses, keys etc. If you can’t move them, they can be organized neatly.
4. Any cushions on sofas to be fluffed up.
5. Open drapes & blinds on all the windows that have a good view. Bathrooms are exceptions.
6. Anything that doesn’t belong on the floor, to be removed. Any remotes, toys etc to be removed /organized.
1. Dining Table to be clean and the chairs tucked in.
2. If the table looks better without a cover, please remove it.
3. Please replace any blown out bulbs.
1Sink should be clean.
2. The counters to be as empty and possible.
3. Any mats on the floors should be removed if possible. A cleaner/ empty floor makes the area look bigger and more inviting.
4. Anything hanging off the cabinets can be removed.
5. The refrigerator should ideally be free of all magnets and calendars or anything else pasted on it.
6. The pots and pans should either be out of sight or neatly organized.
7. Please replace any blown out bulbs.
1.Beds should be made.
2.Sheets tucked in.
3. As few things outside as possible.
4. Please de-personalize it as much as possible. The side table should
be clean and free of any random stuff.
5. Lamps should have the bulls replaced (if blown out).
6. The blinds should be all symmetrical. Preferably all half open. But if that’s not possible, then either all open or all closed. They should all
be in same position.
7. Please remove any personal photographs.
8. Please replace any blown out bulbs.
9. Any toys in kids room should be removed or organized.
1 . Please have it as clean as possible.
2. Please replace any blown out bulbs.
3. The more de-personalized the better.
4. Any toothpaste, brushes, combs, hair dryers etc should be out of sight.
5. As minimal stuff visible as possible.
6. Any mats on the floors should be removed.
7. The little trash bins should be empty or removed.
8. Please make sure the towel rack is either empty or neatly
9. No robes etc. hanging from the door.